Official Trailer, 29. Stuttgarter Filmwinter Festival for Expanded Media.
Inspired by the festival's 2016 motto Formwandler, Max Hattler’s trailer Shapeshifter explores video glitches induced by digital signal processing compression artefacts, which have given rise to a whole genre of YouTube videos dedicated to exposing shapeshifting reptilians hiding behind the surface of the video screen.
- Splice Festival, London, UK, 26 May 2017
- Athens Digital Arts Festival, Athens, Greece, 18-21 May 2017
- Stuttgart Media University, Stuttgart, Germany, 13 Apr 2017 (guest lecture)
- Filmfest Dresden, Dresden, Germany, 4-9 Apr 2017 (Animated: Max Hattler Retrospective)
- #PostFuture Journey, Athens International Airport, Greece, 7 Mar - 17 Jul 2017 (ADAF exhibition)
- Lasalle College of the Arts, Singapore, 30 Jun 2016 (guest lecture)
- School of Creative Media, City University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, 15 Jun 2016 (Brown Bag Research presents Reflections on Abstractions by Max Hattler)
- SCAD Hong Kong, Hong Kong, 10 May 2016 (New Media Art and Animation lecture)
- California Institute of the Arts, Valencia, CA, USA, 10 Feb 2016 (visiting artist lecture)
- Filmwinter, Stuttgart, Germany, 14-17 Jan 2016
[ home ]