An animation installation that explores binocular rivalry and random dot stereograms in an attempt to create impossible spaces which break and subvert stereoscopic perception.
|EXHIBITIONS AND SCREENINGS 2016
- Annual China Animation Studies Conference, Sichuan Animation Research Centre, Academy of Art and Film, Chengdu University, Chengdu, China, 19 Nov ('Experiential Abstractions' lecture)
- Punto y Raya Festival, ZKM Center for Art and Media, Karlsruhe, Germany, 23 Oct (masterclass)
- 2016 HongKong-Macau Visual Art Biennale, Beijing Minsheng Art Museum, Beijing, China, 1-10 Sep; Silk Road International Culture Expo, Dunhuang, China, 20 Sep - 8 Oct; Henan Art Museum, Zhengzhou, China, 20-30 Oct. Presented by the Ministry of Culture of the People's Republic of China, Organised by the Leisure and Cultural Services Department of the Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region, Co-ordinated by the Art Promotion Office and the City University of Hong Kong. Executed by the China Arts and Entertainment Group and the China International Exhibition Agency. Participating Artists: Henry Chu, Tobias Gremmler, Max Hattler, Ip Yuk-yiu, Alan Kwan, Jeffrey Shaw, Sinan Goo, Tamas Waliczky, anothermountainman (Stanley Wong).
- School of Arts, Renmin University, Beijing, China, 3 Sep (guest lecture)
- School of Creative Media, City University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, 15 Jun (Brown Bag Research presents Reflections on Abstractions by Max Hattler)
- POST PiXEL. Animamix Biennale 2015-16, Run Run Shaw Creative Media Centre, Hong Kong, 21 Mar - 17 Apr
MEDIA AND LINKS
- Animamix Biennale held at CityU, Ta Kung Pao
- SCM exhibition showcases art under the influence of animation and comics, CityU NewsCentre
- POST PiXEL. Animamix Biennale 2015-16, ACIM
- New Media. New Idea - POST PiXEL. Animamix Biennale 2015-16, Hong Kong Visual Arts Centre
- Animamix Biennale 2015-16 Facebook Event
Directed by Max Hattler.
Animation by Max Hattler, Shihang Pan, Mihails Scukins, Jiaru Wu.
Sound by Jean-Gabriel Becker.
Format: Stereoscopic animation loop, 4x3m
|[ home ]|